Monday, November 19, 2012

Perspective.

Do you ever feel like you don't deserve to whine? That you don't deserve to complain about anything? Do you ever realize that you are so incredibly blessed to live the way you live, have the health you have, have all of your needs taken care of, and be who you are? My answer? I do. To all of them. I often lose sight of how blessed I am when all I want to do is complain. But I'm to the point that when I *think* the complaint in my head, before it ever floats out of my mouth, I stop and tell myself to shut it. I look around and do a reality check. I thank God for my life as it is, even if it isn't always the way *I* think it should go. I can't do anything about the things I can't change, but I can change the way I react to life's little ups and downs.

My fight with Depression is an extremely hard mental battle to fight. Although it is under control right now, choosing my reactions on a daily basis is the first step to "soaring" or "spiraling." EVERY single decision has such an impact on the way my mind works, I often times have to take the easy road to avoid the plunge. Even though that is often the road I don't want to take. I like a challenge. I like "doing" lots of things to keep me busy. But I also like my perspective a lot more when I'm healthy and happy than when I'm overwhelmed and anxious.


No comments:

Post a Comment