Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Neighbors.

I've had good neighbors my entire adult life. Some have been quiet, some have been like grandparents, all have been helpful, and ALL have made an impact on my life. Especially my current neighbors. As I was walking home from a quick walk with a friend, it was getting dark. There is tall grass on either side of the road, (livin' in the couuuuuuuuuuuuuuuntry!) and a pond set back off the road, but not too far back. My lovely current neighbor was telling me the other day of a very large snake, that wouldn't die after being run over 4 times, and an alligator snapping turtle the size of a dinosaur (just kidding) that came out of that pond. At night. In the summer. Let's just say I didn't see either of those nasty types, but did go into convulsions when a large bug hit me in the lips. I walked (okay, almost ran) the remainder of the way home with my shirt over my mouth and nose so I wouldn't accidentally eat a bug. I kept thinking a snake was going to get me... then (another) neighbor's dog didn't recognize me in the dark... even when I talked to him... then I thought I was going to get attacked by the darn dog.... and the snake, and the turtle, and the giant flying bug.... then I did the most wonderful thing. I opened the front door, stepped in, closed it (you know, so those huge dinosaur bugs wouldn't come into my territory) and took a deep breath. HOME ALIVE! #I'mstillnotevenclosetoacountrygirl. #andyesIknowhashtagsdon'tworkhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment