Friday, June 14, 2013

Swimming.







See those beauties in the pool? ONE week ago, I couldn't get B in the water without him holding on to something for dear life, or without floaties.... and I couldn't get E to let go of the side of the pool. Look at them! This is after 5 days of lessons, and I am MORE than impressed. I'm so proud of both of my babies! There were several moments where I was nearly crying because I was so proud. They did such an amazing job. They even went off the diving board for the 1st time today! AND NO FLOATIES!!!!!

We came home from lessons, and went to a neighbor's house for 2 more hours of swimming....where they continued the quest for their new found passion of jumping off the edge over and over and over and over. What a beautiful, relaxing, wonderful summer evening.

I am one proud momma, and not as much of a nervous wreck when they are playing in a pool. At least I know they have some skills! No worries, I won't let them go unsupervised (maybe ever...lol) but I'm a bit more relaxed knowing the KNOW how to get their faces in the water and get to the edge. Wow.

Water park, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. That's great!! Mine both learned in daily lessons over a week, too. It is such a relief to not be constantly watching for drowning and death. Last night, we went to the pool and I didn't even have to get in! Sat on the side with one eye on Charlie and one eye on People Magazine! Heaven, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete