Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Kindergarten

So, it's happened. My baby girl is officially in Kindergarten. Mommas always say they grow up so fast, they seem like they were just born yesterday, etc. Yes, they do grow up terribly fast. While the two of us have been through a lot together in her short 5 years, those years really have flown by. Maybe not each day, but definitely the years. I can remember the minute she was born like it was yesterday. I can remember the feeling of our bodies separating. Yesterday, my lil' girl entered Kindergarten. I will forever remember that day, just like the day she was born. I will always remember the feeling of leaving her in her classroom, and how happy she was. Neither of us cried. Neither of us cried until the moment she was "given" back to me at the end of the day, then I got all teary, my nose tickled, I felt all stuffy in my head, and I was so happy to hold her in my arms. Just like the moment when I held her for the first time. What an amazing feeling that is... and I'm so thankful!

Then, today.... I didn't walk her to her classroom. She got out of the van, I pushed the button for the door to close, and off she went. My lil' girl. She loves school... she's so awesome. I am so very proud of her and how she conquers life. Oh, and, she is already making herself known at school with her amazingly cute, contagious personality. A teacher walked up to me while I was getting ready to drive away and told me "That lil' Emmie is a HOOT! She is HILARIOUS! I'm so glad I get to be (an assistant) in her room this year! She had me rolling........" That made my day. I love my baby girl so much... words can not express how proud I am of her!!!!

Now if I could just get her to go to the bathroom at school. She holds it ALL day! (rolling eyes....)


No comments:

Post a Comment