Sunday, August 21, 2011

Polka dots and omelets in a bag...

Polka Dot pancakes. Omelets in a bag. What a fun dinner for all of us! I'm sorry to report that I did not take pictures. However. Next time, I will. Next time, it will not be an experiment that could possibly fail. Next time, it will be better!

So in all seriousness, this was a really fun dinner, that was loved by most of us. DBS doesn't like M&Ms, (??) but he was happy with plan B, a Lean Pocket. So it was a win-win. Anyway, I just made the Bisquick version of pancakes, and plopped some M&Ms on top of the batter before I flipped the pancakes. Well, actually, I added them TO the batter first. But don't do that. They all fall to the bottom AND turn your batter a strange blue-green color. Fortunately the batter on top didn't have any M&Ms, so I was able to plop them on top. That is the way I'll do it in the future. Tasty treat for dinner, and not TOO bad for you, because I only put 5-6 M&Ms in each pancake. Except for the bottom of the batter bowl pancakes, they had a LOT of M&Ms. Too many, in my opinion. You'll never guess, but DD and DS ate everything on their plates! Amazing.....

Now. These omelets in a bag. WHO KNEW? But, wow! How did I not know about this? (Mom and Jim- I think this is how Moon Pie makes their omelets...) I boiled a pot of water, DH, DD, and I each had our own bag. (DS and DBS don't like eggs.) We loaded up with the toppings we wanted....we wrote our initials on the bags, plopped in the (2) eggs, added the toppings, squeezed out the air, zipped the bag closed (quart sized Ziploc freezer bag), shook the bag and squashed it with our hands, then dropped it in the pot. 13 minutes later, I cut the tops off the bags, and DD's and DH's omelets looked PERFECT! Mine on the other hand, was still a bit runny. So I threw it in another bag, gave it another 5 minutes, and wah-lah! Perfection! So tasty, too. The clean-up? The clean-up you ask? Practically nothing!! (Dancing on the couch....)

We will be making these again next Sunday evening. Breakfast for dinner is becoming a tradition on Sundays... to get us in the mood for our week. So look for pics next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment