Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tax Free Weekend

So it's the first ever Tax-Free Weekend for Arkansas. Yeah.... while it's a great "idea," what a crock! Sure, I was with my MIL at Wal-Mart Supercenter, checking out at exactly 12:06 AM...tax free. Kinda. The Corporate download hadn't "downloaded," BUT, I didn't mind. I was happy to be their guinea pig. I'm pretty easy going (most of the time!) Long story short, we got our merchandise (socks and underwear for the kids, nothing too much. We just wanted to participate just because we could) tax-free. Whoo hoo. I saved about $3.50. Anywhoooo... I'm the type to go shopping on any regular old day, and pay the tax just to not be out in the horrendous crowds. Saving $10 (an average shopping trip to Wal-Mart or Target...) is NOT worth fighting crowds or risking all the "good stuff" being gone. Shoot. We have had the kids' school supplies for a couple of weeks now, for that exact reason. I refuse to wait until the last minute, for anything! Although you wouldn't know it when I procrastinate on some things.... and then I go for the "better under pressure" approach. :) Once everyone was awake, fed, and ready for the day, we all packed up and drove to Texas. (45 minute drive. No big deal.) Yes, we drove to another state, to shop in their stores, to avoid the craziness I just witnessed on the 10 PM news. We would have shopped locally, but our little town does not have the selection we needed today! Thank goodness a Kohl's, Target, Hobby Lobby and Starbucks are just a short drive from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment